Happy New Year! Here’s a sunset shot from a beach Gran Canaria in December – there are more added to the photos page.
Big things coming up this term:
Moving Forth have been working hard on preparing for Module 3 of the Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies Certificate Programme which begins on Monday 9th January. I will be continuing my assistantship, assisting and hopefully teaching a little, whilst being around for the general admin and running during the 2 1/2 weeks. I can’t wait to be immersed in LBMS again and to continue learning how to use and teach the material from Karen Studd and Laura Cox.
CELL (Creative Embodied Learning Labs) Health of the Spine workshop will be taking place in Dundee on February 12th. I will be teaching with Susan Scarth, Doe Warnes and Debbie Watson. More info on the day is below and more specific info on the workshops being delivered can be found on www.movingforth.org.
I am also very excited to be attending this years Somatic Movement Gathering at Siobhan Davies Studios in London in March. This years theme is The Butterfly Effect of Somatic Movement – Local & Global with workshops and discussions looking at:
- The inner & the outer
- The personal and the interpersonal
- The individual and the community
- How self-care as a practitioner affects the wider field
- How the virtual world (digital media, social media, skype communications) affect our somatic experience.
- How we bring our personal practice out into the world, in response to the global challenges of our time – health, population migration
- How small actions affect the big picture
More to come, bring on 2017!